We are Head & Wheble Funeral Directors, 1a Oxford Road, Lansdowne, Bournemouth, BH8 8EY
The Company is registered with the ICO Commissioner as a data controller. Our registration number is A8341851.
What information do we collect from you?
- Full name
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Relationship to deceased
- Car Park video footage
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To reply to enquiries about our services.
- For the account and full payment for our services.
- For the professional fulfilment of all funeral services instructed by you including all those working with third parties on your behalf.
- If applicable and instructed by you details for your pre paid funeral plan.
- We keep all details of funerals on file so that we have a record for future reference
(for cases where a family asks us to carry out another funeral along the same lines as previously carried out).
- We use CCTV in our car park for security reasons.
Why do we collect this information?
- For the processing of personal data as required legally.
- At your request taking steps before entering into a contract with you.
- Performance of the contract to provide funeral services as instructed by you.
- Our legitimate interests in confirming our clients will be able to pay for our services.
- Our legitimate interests in being able to provide a funeral similar to previous ones on request by the family without having to go back over questions.
- Our legitimate interests in maintaining security at our premises primarily for the deceased in our care.
What do we do with this information?
- We make contact with you to help with funeral enquiries and to arrange the funeral.
- We make funeral arrangements with third party suppliers.
- We arrange Funeral Plans on your behalf with pre payment providers.
We will process your personal data in order to achieve the above as listed below:-
To share your data from the enquiry made to us in the first instance either by telephone, our online website link, e mail, paper letter or in person, a third party source, with our colleagues in order to be able to assist you with your funeral enquiry including the conveyance of the deceased.
- To store your data along with all information regarding the deceased on our files indefinitely in case of future historical reference to funeral details is required.
- To contact you by telephone, e mail and paper communications in order for us to be able to make all necessary funeral arrangements on your behalf.
- If instructed to visit you at your home address or at a mutually convenient place in order to make the funeral arrangements.
- If the funeral arrangements are made in person at our premises, CCTV is in operation for security purposes and we will keep these recordings for a period of three months in case of future security breaches.
- To pass on your details to our third party suppliers including if applicable the Crematorium, Cemetery, Minister or Celebrant, Doctors, Florist, Wake Venues, Newspaper in the case of an obituary, hired in bearing and temporary staff and to include all matters relevant for the arrangements of the funeral.
- To pass on your details to prepayment providers if you apply or enquire about a pre-paid plan.
- To keep the full details until the account has been paid in full. Thereafter details are kept securely.
- To contact you to make arrangements for the return of the deceased’s cremated remains to you or as instructed by you elsewhere.
Who might we share your information with?
- Our third party suppliers – Crematorium or Cemetery, Minister or Celebrant, Doctors, Florist, Wake Venues, Newspaper, hired in bearing and temporary staff.
- Prepaid providers
Head & Wheble Funeral Directors will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent to us instructing them to provide the particular service required. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purposes:-
- Doctor(s) if Medical Certificate is required/applicable.
- An embalmer for the deceased if required/applicable.
- Crematorium Offices for the purpose of organising Cremation of the deceased.
- Cemetery Offices for the purpose of organising Burial of the deceased.
- A Minister or Celebrant who has been chosen for the purpose of arranging details of the funeral service.
- Music Systems for the purpose of liaising with you for your choices of music for the Funeral Service.
- Florists for the purpose of arranging the flowers for the funeral service.
- Venues for the purpose of holding the reception as part of the funeral service.
- Caterers for the purpose of arranging your requirements for the funeral reception.
- A vehicle hire company or transportation company including the provision of horses for the purpose of transport of the deceased and cortege at the funeral.
- Printing Company or designer if the Funeral Sheets are created externally to Head & Wheble Funeral Directors.
- Pre paid providers if an application or enquiry for a pre-paid funeral plan is made.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep records of the funeral we have carried out indefinitely in case the family contact us again in the future.
Head & Wheble Funeral Directors will process personal data for up to three months after you make contact with us or the date of the funeral for as long as is necessary to enable us to fulfil the funeral service requested and will securely store the personal data indefinitely so that we have a record of the funeral for the reasons stated above.
CCTV footage is retained for 3 months unless a query is being investigated.
Your rights as a data subject
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be removed from our records – in certain circumstances you may ask for the information we hold about you to be removed from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object –you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling and also have the right to object to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling. As a company we do not carry out automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review. In the event that Head and Wheble Funeral Directors refuses your request under rights of access we will provide you with a reason why. You have a right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
The above legal rights apply to the personal data we hold about you, as a living person, rather than data relating to the deceased.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Head & Wheble Funeral Directors or how your complaint has been handled you have the right to lodge a complaint with us or with the supervisory authority.